My Oklahoma home (it blowed away) frailing banjo Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Oklahoma Home ( it blowed away) GCD When they opened up the strip I was young and full of zip, I wanted someplace to call my home. So I made the race and I staked me out a place, And I settled down along the Cimarron. It blowed away, It blowed away, My Oklahoma home it blowed away. Well it looked so green and fair when I built my shanty there. Now my Oklahoma home is blown away Well I planted wheats and oats got some chickens and some shoats. Aimed to have some ham and eggs to feed my face. Got a mule to pull the plow and an old red milking cow. Also got a fancy mortgage on the place. But it blowed away, It blowed away, all the crops that I planted blowed away. Well you can't grow any grain if you aint got any rain. Everything except my mortgage blown away. Well it looked so green and fair when I built my shanty there. I figured I was all set up for life. I put on my Sunday best , with my fancy satin vest. And I went to town to pick me out a wife. She blowed away, she blowed away, my Oklahoma woman blowed away. Mister as I bent to kiss her she was picked up by a twister. Now my Oklahoma woman's blown away Well then I was left alone, just a listening to the moan, Of the wind around the corner of my shack. So I took off down the road just t see where it all blowed. I travelled with the wind upon my back. I blowed away, I blowed away, chasin' that dust cloud up ahead Once it looked so green and fair now it's up there in the air. My Oklahoma farm is over-head It blowed ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRr2n-XxCM&hl=en

0 comments:

..